Personal Care Assistance

The University of South Wales has a team of experienced staff who can provide this service, although where appropriate, external care agencies may be used.

Your Support Workers may be members of staff employed by the University or Care agency staff. We hope you will develop a good relationship and if you have any concerns you should discuss them with a Disability Adviser.

If you wish to make use of this support and it has been agreed with a Disability Adviser, you should read the following instructions on how to effectively use the service.

All arrangements for care assistance will be made in agreement with you. The DDS will manage the associated administration, including payment issues and liaison with funding bodies.

Alternatively to the support the DDS can provide, we may be able to assist you in recruiting and managing your own personal Support Workers funded via the Disabled Student Allowance.

How to use the service

  • You should devise a timetable of when you require support through discussion with a Disability Adviser.
  • Any changes to your timetable must be communicated directly to the Disability Support office, NOT to your support workers.
  • You may need to sign a confirmation sheet for the Support Worker regularly to demonstrate that you are receiving the support.

If you have any questions or want to make changes to the arrangements for your support you should contact a Disability Adviser.