Field Trips, Placement and Clinic Assistance

Field Trips, Placements or Clinic Assistance:

If your academic study involves field courses or clinical placements for which you require a Support Worker to accompany you, you will need to discuss this with a Disability Adviser.

You will be required to identify your support requirements and discuss your expectations of support for the field trip/placement. The following information will be required by the DDS as early as possible prior to the field tripor placement:

  • When is the trip/placement?
  • What is its duration?
  • Location of the course?
  • Additional costs of the course or placement?
  • Will immunisations be required?
  • The name of the lecturer/group leader of the course or placement?
  • The type of support required?
  • The amount of hours of support required per day?
  • A discussion on the functions the support worker will be allowed to carry out.
  • A discussion about the emergency contact information which will be supplied to the group/placement leader.

Go Wales Achieve through Work Experience Programme:

Employers put work experience at the top of their wish list when recruiting graduates, but not everyone finds it easy to get the work experience they need. The GO Wales Achieve through Work Experience Programme is for young students on higher education courses in Wales who are facing barriers in securing work experience. Go Wales work with all kinds of employers in Wales to create tailored, flexible work experience opportunities designed to fit around students’ other commitments.

To be considered for the project you must be Under 25, studying a full time HE course at USW, have legal right to live in the UK and have a Disability.

For further information please visit: Go Wales