Advice Zones

The Advice Zones offer advice, guidance and support to students on a range of issues which might affect your studies. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your studies please contact your Campus Advice Zone

Advice Zones offer advice on guidance on a wide range of study related issues including:

Extenuating Circumstances

If you would like to discuss Extenuating Circumstances further, please contact your Campus Advice Zone

Please note that, you will not normally receive additional time to complete coursework because of your disability. Once you have access to the support for which you are eligible, you should be appropriately assisted to complete work within the set timescales.

However, if there is a delay in you accessing available support which is beyond your control, you should consult with your Campus Advice Zone staff for guidance about Extenuating Circumstances at the earliest opportunity.

A Disability is not normally considered as an extenuating circumstance. Instead, and in keeping with the Equality Act, 2010, an emphasis is placed on proactive interventions and making appropriate reasonable adjustments to enable you to meet the demands of your course.

Extenuating circumstances can be applied for, only in cases where there is a sudden or unexpected deterioration of a disability or health condition which has impacted on your ability to study, or you have not received appropriate assistance. When you complete a form for extenuating circumstances you will be asked whether you are registered with the Disability & Dyslexia Service and if your application is in relation to an existing disability. You will be asked to give consent to the information about your support requirements to be shared between the Disability & Dyslexia Service and the faculty. You may request an Adviser from the Disability & Dyslexia Service to provide evidence to support an application for extenuating circumstances if you are registered with the service.

Changing Course, Suspending or Withdrawing from your Course

If you wish to change course, suspend or withdraw from your course you should firstly contact your Faculty tutors and Campus Advice Zone. You will need to notify the University in writing of your intention to withdraw or suspend and inform your Funding Body. Please also ensure that you inform the Disability & Dyslexia Service if you intend to withdraw or suspend your course.