Access for note taking/support worker support
Access to classrooms etc will be dependent on the campus you are supporting students upon. At all campuses you will need to arrange to meet with your student prior to the start of the session at an agreed location. Please note at our Cardiff campus a swipe card is required, and can be acquired via the main desk in the ground floor reception area.
1-1 bookable confidential space
External providers need to liaise with their students in order for their students to book 1-1 rooms on campus. Alternatively, providers can book a room at the Business Centre on the Treforest campus at a cost of £135 per day & £75 per half day.
Classrooms on all campuses can also be booked at £60 per half day.
All information regarding bookings can be found at www.uswconferenceandevents
Treforest – no parking allowed on campus, payable student/others car park available.
Glyntaff – payable car park available
Newport – payable multi storey car park in close vicinity.
Cardiff – payable multi storey car park in close vicinity.
Feedback from provider
To be sent via e-mail on a termly basis via ddsadviser
Student Complaints Procedure
USW Student Complaints Procedure
Lone Working Policy
USW Lone Working Policy
Health & Safety
- On arrival at the University report to campus Security / Reception to notify them of your presence and explain reason you are on site.
- Make yourself known to relevant lecturers.
- Familiarise yourself with fire procedures for the building (as displayed on building fire notices).
- In the event of a fire alarm activation you must leave the building as directed.
- In the event of an accident or emergency report immediately to campus Security / reception staff)
- Cooperate as necessary with University staff and follow all instructions given
- Respect all safety signage and follow relevant procedures and direction given.
- If in doubt or you have any queries speak with campus security or reception.
- Only enter areas that you are required to as part of your support work. Do not enter any workshops, laboratories or other similar hazardous areas unless specifically authorised by University staff and then only when supervision is in place and the appropriate safety clothing/equipment is being worn.
- Beware of traffic and other moving vehicles and always use the designated walkways, paths and crossing areas.
Student Services Confidentiality:
USW Student Services Confidentiality Code
USW Data Protection Policy
External providers must adhere to all QAF business processes and have in place the following policies/training and all other identified within the NMH registration process:
- Booking confirmation system – To be agreed between provider & student
- Cancellation procedure – To be agreed between provider & student
- Timesheet/ confirmation/ absence process – To be agreed between provider & student
- Complaints Procedure – Internal process of provider should be available to student and HEI
- Lone Working Policy – Internal process of provider should be available to student and HEI
- Health & Safety – Internal process of provider should be available to student and HEI
- Confidentiality – Internal process of provider should be available to student and HEI
- Risk awareness – Internal process of provider should be available to student and HEI
- Data protection – The provider must be registered under and adhere to the Data Protection Act
- Insurance/ Register of Interests/ Staff training/ Queries – Must be in place and kept up to date by provider