The Disability and Dyslexia Service has a number of policies and statements relating to the provisions, services and facilities offered to disabled students. These policies and statements govern the way in which we work and the support that is available to students.
DDS – Statement of Service
We aim to deliver professional, accessible and confidential support and advice to students who have specific support requirements arising from a disability or specific learning difficulty.
Disability and Dyslexia Service Objectives:
1. To effectively deliver a high-quality disability service to applicants and students registered with DDS in line with best practice and the Equality Act;
2. To provide disability-related advice and information to applicants and USW students regarding the support available through the Disability and Dyslexia Service;
3. To provide applicants and USW students with guidance on applying for relevant disability-related funding;
4. To facilitate and support disabled applicants to attend interviews and Open Day visits.
5. To provide USW students with a comprehensive screening and diagnostic assessment service for dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties;
6. To negotiate Individual Support Plans and to provide an individually-tailored programme of support to every student registered with the Service;
7. To quality assure the services delivered by DDS, including providing students with the opportunity to feed into this review process;
8. To proactively increase the knowledge and skills of University staff, students and external stakeholders through the delivery of disability-related awareness training, support and advice.
All of our policies are available from the links below. Please contact us if you would like a copy of any of our policies or statements in Welsh, large print or in Braille.